At the Best Western Plus Emerald Isle, we believe in sustainable practices, Green Key initiatives and providing eco-friendly services to our guests, the local community and surrounding areas.
As a green hotel, our team is committed to improving energy and water efficiency, reducing, reusing and recycling across the business, from employees and guests to our suppliers, near and far. We are consistent in our actions and assess the current state of the hotel on a regular basis. Our efficient green team brainstorms eco-friendly possibilities, sets achievable goals, and creates sustainable action plans.
Our green hotel team focuses on the following practices:
- Reducing the impacts of growth on natural resources and the environment.
- Making local investments that will protect human and natural resources.
- Being socially just by providing equitable access to resources and decision-making processes in ways that benefit all parts of the community.
Our current initiatives:
- Conserving Energy
- Limiting Water Waste
- Recycling Programs
- Linen and Towel Reuse Programs
- Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products
- Naturally Derived Guest Amenities
- Locally sourced and compostable in-room coffee
- Donates leftover soap and bottled amenities to Clean the World, an organization that recycles and distributes these items to impoverished people world-wide.
We are one of the best environmentally friendly, eco-friendly hotels in Sidney, British Columbia. Contact us anytime if you would like to hear more about what we are doing to keep our environment safe. We look forward to welcoming you to our eco-friendly hotel soon!