Sidney, BC Jobs
Vancouver Island’s seaside town of Sidney is a popular tourist destination year-round, with many visitors travelling to Canada’s west coast during the summer months in particular. This booming industry means there are plenty of seasonal and full-time positions in the hospitality sector, and Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel is always on the lookout for enthusiastic employees who are dedicated to making our guests feel at home.
If you are interested in working with us here at Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel on lovely Vancouver Island, please check this page regularly for newly-posted opportunities, or contact us for more information.
View our current job postings to find a fulfilling and rewarding career with us.
The Best Western Emerald Isle located in beautiful Sidney, BC, is currently seeking dynamic individuals to join our team of hospitality professionals. We are currently accepting applications for Room Attendant positions in our Housekeeping Department.
This position reports directly to the Executive Housekeeper and Supervisors.
- Maintains a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Interacting professionally with Guests and Co-Workers
- Cleans all guest rooms and common areas with an exceptionally high standard and attention to detail
- Reporting all Maintenance Issues to the Management Team
- Operating and storing equipment respectfully and according to procedure
- Proper knowledge, handling procedure and storage of cleaning chemicals used on property
- Ability to work individually or in a team in a fast-paced environment
- Following proper privacy and security procedures
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset but willing to train the right individual.
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 30 pounds
- Regular physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting, crouching and kneeling.
We offer a competitive wage, hotel discounted rates, 50% discount on food at Smitty’s restaurant and complimentary access to on-site fitness center. Provincial Medical, Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care after 6 months, for full time employment only.